Now that you’ve built your tiny house, it’s time to start equipping it with the top trends of tiny house appliances and making it organized, comfortable, and pleasant.
Appliances are one of the first things that come to mind. Tiny houses usually need smaller-sized appliances than those used in traditional home construction.
Choosing tiny house appliances should not be done without considering the space and comfort you need. They play a significant role in the overall design and functionality of this unique home type.
In this article, we’ve compiled a tiny house appliance list so you can get the right idea of how and what to purchase.
Note – we also have an article on best ovens for tiny homes, consider go there if you’re looking specifically for an oven or stove!
But, before we proceed, there are things you need to consider, such as the size, budget, portability, and eco-friendliness. After all, the level of comfort you want to have is the primary factor in choosing appliances.
How To Choose the Right Tiny Home Appliances
Since you have an entire house in a small space, you need to consider the size of every appliance in it.
You can’t cram it all in one place since that will defeat the purpose of your design and choice of appliances in the first place. This way, the size of your house will fit in perfectly with your needs and desires.
For example, washers and dryers can be really hard to consider when owning a tiny home. Due to noise, resource concerns and livable space.
Don’t forget that household appliances are pretty costly. So, before you choose any appliance, know first how much it’s worth so you can buy only the most practical one for you. As added layer of precaution, you can also review some of the home appliance insurance providers and choose the right plan that best fits your appliance needs to avoid unwanted and expensive appliance maintenance.
Since most designs of appliances are for conventional homes, they aren’t cheap either. So carefully planning out the money you want to allocate for this project is important.
In addition, don’t overlook the quality and durability when buying an appliance. It would be best to make sure that all fixtures are worth the price. You don’t want them breaking down or causing problems for you in the future, right?
Consider if the items you need are portable or not so that you can move them around whenever required.
Additionally, appliances that come in compact sizes and a single piece may be heavy. That’s why you need to make sure it can be dismantled, for instance. You don’t want a problem in the long run, do you?
This is the age of green technology, so why not use environmentally-friendly appliances? Go for those that are made from recycled materials or operate on solar power. It’s always better to live in harmony with the environment, after all.
Now that you know what to look for in appliances let’s check out the best items you can find on the market today.
Top Pick Appliances for a Tiny House
Here are the top essential items that you might want to have in your tiny home.
1. Cuisinart Double Induction Cooktop, One Size, Black
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25 x 23.5 x 2.5
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler.MC Cubic Feet: 3.29
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
If you’re looking for a simple and efficient way to cook down in your tiny house, an induction cooktop can be just the appliance you need.
An induction cooktop uses magnetic currents to heat your pans instead of using hot plates. This allows you to cut out excess power usage and use all available energy in your home.
It has double heat settings — eight on the left burner and five on the right burner — perfect for preparing meals!
If you want to take cooking up a notch in your tiny house, this is the way to go. It’s also super easy to store when not in use!
2. RCA RFR322-B RFR322 3.2 Cu Ft Mini Fridge
- 2 in 1: Refrigerator and Freezer combines contemporary style with cutting-edge refrigeration technology.
- CONVENIENT: Compact multi-purpose mini fridge with a reversible door that makes it easy to fit into any spot of your room, office or dorm.
- KEEP DRINKS COOL EVEN IN HOT WEATHER: Compressor Cooling for ultimate performance even in hot weather. TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Adjustable Thermostat and Adjustable lever.
- CAPACITY: Fridge dimensions: 18.5” D x 17.7” W x 32.8” H | 84 L - 3.2 cu. Ft. inner space | Product weight: 50.7 lbs. | Freezer capacity: 0.2 cu. Ft. | Refrigerant type: R134a, 1.77 Oz/50g
- ENERGY-SAVING: A low-energy consumption compressor, that can cool food quickly using lower ener
Although there aren’t that many standard refrigerators that would fit into a tiny house, this one from RCA is an ideal choice.
It might be small and slim, but it still has a decent cooling capacity of 3.2 cubic feet. It’s perfect for those who do not require much storage space in their refrigerator and can store enough food for several days at once.
This mini-fridge is easy to maintain. It can also be mounted on a wall, placed under the countertop, or any other place that you might consider. And the price is very affordable too! You can never go wrong with this purchase.
3. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when its needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pros convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook function, designed for long cook times at low temperatures; Slow Cook for up to 10 hours before the setting automatically turns to keep warm
- Large Capacity: Large 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inch interior with enough room for 6 slices of bread, 13 inch pizza, roast chicken and a 9 cup muffin tray and even for slow cooking with a 4.4 qt Dutch oven
- Interior Oven Light: Integrated oven light automatically turns on at the end of the cooking cycle to help you see inside; Auto shut off and independently controlled button; Replaceable componentry like your regular large oven
- LCD Display: LCD display to easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 10 cooking functions; The LCD also indicates when pre-heat has completed and automatically begins to count down on the cooking time for perfect results
- Included Accessories: One Oven Rack; 12 x 12 inch Enamel Baking Pan; 12 x12 inch Enamel Broiling Rack and 13 inch Non-Stick Pizza Pan
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 1800 Watts; Voltage: 110 to 120 Vo
This oven is another great appliance that you might want to include in your tiny house. It has 10 pre-set cooking functions, an easy-to-read LCD, and 1800 watts of power.
What makes it different from other options out there? It can also be used as a grill and a full-size oven.
The integrated light turns on automatically at the last setting before the heat turns off. This means that you will have a complete view of what’s going on inside your oven while cooking.
It is truly a convenient appliance for those who love to cook! However, it’s a bit expensive compared with similar products – but it’s worth it!
4. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Portable Dishwasher
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs. Depth - Door Shut (with Handle)-17.3 inch, Depth - Door Shut (without Handle)-16 inch, Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees-35 inch, Dishwasher Size-24 inch
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you dont need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
- FIVE WASHING PROGRAMS: Youll get full size dishwasher cleaning in a countertop sized compact unit that offers five wash programs - Normal, Rapid, Fruit Wash, Baby Care and Glass. Lower and upper spray arms give dishes that streak-free deep cleaning
- STEAM: Steam generated during the Baby Care cleaning cycle can be used to sanitize baby bottles and give glassware a sparkling clean finish
- RAPID WASH: The Rapid cycle lets you get items clean in only 40 minutes and when you are done, the automatic air circulation helps to dry dishes
- FRUIT WASH: Fruit basket is included so fruit and vegetables can be cleaned, ready to serve directly from the dishwasher
- AIR REFRESH: Air exchange function can be used with any washing program to help improve the drying performance and to prevent any peculiar smells
- EASY-TO-USE CONTROLS: The LED digital controls give you a clear picture-view of wash controls and the automatic water level indicator lets you know when the correct water level has been reached
- DETERGENTS: Pods, liquid or powder detergents are all acceptable and its recommended to only use detergent tablets when running long cycles so the tablets fully disso
Of course, you can always go the traditional route and use a compact dishwasher. This small, portable dishwasher is perfect for tiny houses on wheels.
If you prefer the convenience of storage and portability, this dishwasher allows you to fill the built-in container without requiring a water hookup.
All you have to do is hook the dishwasher up to a water source, install it on your countertop, and plug it in.
The interior has five different washing programs: glass, baby care, fruit wash, rapid wash, and normal. This is your best solution if you’re short on space but don’t want to sacrifice quality!
5. COMFEE’ Portable Washing Machine, 0.9 cubic ft Compact Washer
- The full-automatic washing machine equipped with Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak 5 programs and 3 water levels, you are allowed to quickly start the machine the way you like. You are also welcomed to customize your washing program by selecting load size, adding wash time, rinse time, and spin time.
- This top load compact washing machine with only 18.1 inches in width, 17.7 inches in-depth, and 31.5 inches in height, this portable washer is able to be stored easily. You can store it in your cabinet, RV, dorm, or even bathtub! Even better, it comes with wheels and handles for easy movement. It is a perfect choice for small households with limited space and minimal optimal.
- With the transparent lid design, this washing machine allows you to see and monitor the water and washing conditions. Featuring a durable rust-resistant steel inner tub, lint filter, water inlet and drain pump which allows you to easily drain out dirty water. In addition, this portable laundry washing machine has an LED display that shows the time left to finish.
- This compact design washing machine has DOE (Department of Energy) certificate that clearly shows how much energy would be consumed on national average conditions. Saving as much as 87.5% energy consumption comparing to similar models, it equips with a powerful and durable motor, up to 840RPM spin speed but quiet when running.
- Unbalance could be a very serious issue for washing machines. It could cause washing machine to dance on the floor, or even worse, to unleash itself from the water inlet, leaking everywhere. Equipped with Auto Unbalance Detection (AUD), however, its able to automatically fix the unbalance issue through allowing more water to come in. It will also alert the user if the problem cant be fixed, ensuring a safe and pleasant experience. NOTE : Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for the Installation and Troubleshooting St
Washer and dryer installations can be costly and take up a lot of space.
However, this portable washing machine from COMFEE allows you to save time and money while giving you the luxury of doing laundry in your tiny home!
Complete with a start/stop button as well as an overflow protection system, this fully-equipped washer does not skimp on features or quality!
This full-automatic machine has soak, rapid, normal, soft, and heavy cycles. With five programs and three water levels, you can immediately start the machine the way you choose.
You may also personalize your washing program by adjusting the spin time, rinse time, adding wash time, and load size for the best results.
In addition, you can move the machine with ease thanks to its casters. This tiny house appliance is designed to provide you with the best washing experience possible while still being energy efficient.
Being a meticulous buyer when looking for tiny house appliances is not a bad thing. You can’t just go to the appliance showroom and pick out any items willy-nilly.
Don’t forget to consider where you plan to install your appliance. By doing so, you can already narrow down your options and focus on specific brands.
Additionally, the best money-saving tip out there is to always read reviews before purchasing products online. This way, you can find the best deals for appliances such as these.
Some Final Words
Tiny houses are full of charm and character, not to mention relentless functionality. But when it comes time for outfitting your new home with appliances, there is one thing you should remember: don’t skimp on quality!
In addition, no matter how limited your space is, you can still find plenty of space-saving options for all your appliances. Treating yourself well means treating your new living space well, too – no matter how much it may be.
Now you are ready to make your choice! Happy shopping!