Are you looking for the best mattress for your tiny house? If so, you are in the right place because I will give you a complete review of five products that could meet your needs.
Loft bedrooms are significantly smaller than the regular ones. And when purchasing a bed mattress, you should not randomly pick one because it may not be able to accommodate your needs. Every inch of space in your tiny home is crucial. Simply put, the mattress should be lightweight and compact enough to fit in your tiny house bedroom. We also have an article on best tiny bed house ideas, if you’re interested take a read of that!
1. Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
This is our choice for the overall best mattress for the money.
For looking for a memory foam mattress within an affordable price range, check out the Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress. It is a medium-firm mattress that provides optimal support and enhances spinal alignment, helping you get a good night’s sleep every day.
It also has a high-density memory foam construction, which ensures durability and longevity of use. And what makes it even more incredible? It is Green Tea infused and has a non-toxic structure! This twin mattress can accommodate a maximum weight of 250 pounds and a 10-year limited guarantee too!
- Premium quality
- Wake up free of aches and pains
- Medium firmness for optimal support
- Sleek design without sacrificing comfort at all
- Some find it too firm
- Strong mildew odor
2. Layla Copper Infused Memory Foam Mattress
This is our choice for the overall best mattress regardless of cost.
This twin-sized mattress is made of copper-infused memory foam to ensure optimal comfort, stability, and responsiveness. It also conforms well to the body’s curves, which makes it ideal for those who sleep in a tiny house.
Another thing to love about this mattress is that it has a Cooling System layer that wicks away moisture and heat. This design lets you enjoy calm and comfy nights even when you live in a small house, where the temperature can get hot during summer days and chilly at night.
- Flippable mattress
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Medium firmness level offers exceptional support
- Copper-infused memory foam gives it an edge over other models in terms of cooling
- Undesirable odor when unboxed
- Slight sagging noted by some users
- The firmness level may not be suitable for everyone
3. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid
This is our choice for the best cheap mattress.
If you are on a budget but still want comfort and support, then the Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is for you. It has a plush top layer of memory foam that cradles your body and relieves pressure points.
It also has an optimized airflow system with a built-in pump which allows you to adjust the firmness level as well as the temperature throughout the night. And if this isn’t enough, it comes with a 10-year warranty too!
- Double-sided mattress lets you enjoy both sides depending on your preference
- Firm yet soft feel thanks to its memory foam top layer
- The temperature control feature keeps it at the optimal sleeping
- It takes time to inflate and deflate, which means more effort on your part
- Too firm for some users
- Some claims wear and tear apparent soon after purchase
4. TUFT & NEEDLE – Original Twin Adaptive Foam Mattress
If you want to get a good night’s rest, waking up refreshed and rejuvenated, then you can’t go wrong with giving TUFT & NEEDLE a try – thanks to its perfect blend of supportive memory foam and breathable latex foam. This is another excellent choice for those who are looking for the best mattress for a tiny house.
It is made of adaptive foam that can automatically adjust to your body type and weight. This ensures that the mattress’ support will be tailored to suit your needs while you sleep. Plus, it comes with a 100-day trial period where you can test its ability to provide appropriate support! Once done with the trial period, though, there are no free returns available anymore.
- Two firmness settings for added comfort and support
- It comes with a 100-day trial period to allow proper testing before buying
- 10-year limited warranty for your peace of mind
- Compact enough to fit even the tiniest bedrooms and lofts
- Some claims that the cover is somewhat cheaply made
- May rip easily upon use or after months of use already
5. Casper Sleep Element Mattress, Twin
Memory foam mattresses are known to offer more stability and support compared with innerspring models. And this Casper mattress is no different since it comes infused with synthetic latex in its five layers, including memory foam at the topmost layer, base polyfoam, transition polyfoam, supportive polyfoam, and high-density support foam.
It also has open-celled comfort coils, which allow airflow during sleep so you can sleep cool all night long! When it comes to durability, the Casper Mattress has you covered as well because it features a durable high-density support foam at its base, which also helps keep your body free from sinking.
- Breathable thanks to its airflow system design
- A medium level of support is ideal for various sleeping positions
- It gives the right amount of comfort overall
- Offers good spinal alignment
- The strong base foam makes it responsive and stable
- Slight sinking noted by some owners upon use already but doesn’t cause back pain
- The cover feels very hot during warmer nights
- Not suited for those who are looking for an extra bounce or plush feel
Questions and Answers about Tiny House Lofts and Mattresses
How tall should a tiny house loft bed be?
Ideally, make your bed around 3-4 feet tall. However, you can make your bed around 4-6 feet high as long as it doesn’t cause an issue to crawl up and down. Furthermore, measure the length of the mattress first before buying to ensure it will fit perfectly in your loft.
How thick should a mattress be for a tiny house?
It’s best to choose between thick or thin mattresses depending on your sleeping preferences and needs – for better support or added comfort. However, the average thickness needed for a good night’s rest is 8-10 inches.
How does a back sleeper benefit from choosing a mattress topper?
Back sleepers have different needs than side and stomach sleepers – since they usually need more cushioning and proper support, especially in their lower backs. What a mattress topper can do is provide additional comfort and cushioning where you need it most – reducing back pain or strain that you might experience over time.
What size mattress should I get for my tiny house?
Depending on your preferred sleeping space, you can choose between twin, full, queen, or king-sized mattresses. However, double beds are always better choices if you don’t have enough space for other bed sizes since they are the smallest. Just be sure to measure it first, so you know what fits best in your home!
How do memory foam mattresses differ from spring mattresses?
The most significant difference is that memory foam uses viscoelastic technology, which adjusts to your body type and weight – ensuring the right level of comfort and support through the years. On the other hand, Spring mattresses use coils that may provide too much pressure to certain parts of your back, causing discomfort over time.
How can you make your mattress more comfortable?
You can pair a thin high-quality mattress with a mattress topper or pad, which you can buy separately. Mattress pads can prolong the life of your bed mattress and provide extra comfort – especially during those times when it is too hot, too cold, or too hard for you to sleep comfortably through the night.
Some Final Words
A bed mattress is one of the essential furniture pieces for your home. It’s where you rest and recharge after a long day or week – so it should provide the right level of comfort and support to help you ease into a good night’s sleep. With that, there are hundreds upon hundreds of bed mattresses available on the market today – which can be overwhelming.
We hope that these reviews of the best mattress for the tiny house will help you when shopping for a new mattress. Remember to assess your unique needs and preferences when choosing the mattress type, size, and feel. This way, you will indeed find the right bed mattress that suits your tastes and needs.