Are you looking for the best mattress for your tiny house? If so, you are in the right place because I will give you a complete review of five products that could meet your needs.
Loft bedrooms are significantly smaller than the regular ones. And when purchasing a bed mattress, you should not randomly pick one because it may not be able to accommodate your needs. Every inch of space in your tiny home is crucial. Simply put, the mattress should be lightweight and compact enough to fit in your tiny house bedroom. We also have an article on best tiny bed house ideas, if you’re interested take a read of that!
1. Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest? Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 2.5 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 5.5 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average-weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
This is our choice for the overall best mattress for the money.
For looking for a memory foam mattress within an affordable price range, check out the Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress. It is a medium-firm mattress that provides optimal support and enhances spinal alignment, helping you get a good night’s sleep every day.
It also has a high-density memory foam construction, which ensures durability and longevity of use. And what makes it even more incredible? It is Green Tea infused and has a non-toxic structure! This twin mattress can accommodate a maximum weight of 250 pounds and a 10-year limited guarantee too!
- Premium quality
- Wake up free of aches and pains
- Medium firmness for optimal support
- Sleek design without sacrificing comfort at all
- Some find it too firm
- Strong mildew odor
2. Layla Copper Infused Memory Foam Mattress
- WHY A COPPER INFUSED MATTRESS? The short answer - you WILL notice a difference in your sleeping temperature. It has been proven that Copper has thermal benefits. The high thermal conductivity of copper will disperse your body heat, thus cooling the mattress giving you a more restful nights sleep at a comfortable temperature. Pair with the Layla Mattress Cover to increase the lifetime of your mattress.
- WITH A FLIPPABLE MATTRESS THE CHOICE IS YOURS: With our flippable mattress the freedom to choose between a firm mattress and a medium-soft mattress is yours. Get two mattresses in one with the Layla Sleep mattress to provide the best comfort and restful sleep with either firmness level. Our mattress is for every kind of sleeper - the side, back and stomach sleepers can all find comfort in this mattress by choosing the amount of support you want simply with flipping the mattress.
- COOLING TECHNOLOGY: Our Copper Infused Mattress works to keep you at a comfortable temperature all night long with its natural cooling technology. The Copper Infused Mattress technology reacts to body temperature to keep you cool by dispersing your body heat to provide a heathier sleeping experience to keep you sleeping soundly all night long.
- COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR FOUNDATION: Use what you already have - save money by not having to buy a new foundation just to fit your new Layla Sleep Mattress. Whether you have a Solid Platform, Adjustable Base, Box Spring, or Slatted frame your new mattress will fit right in with your lifestyle and furniture. Layla Sleep Mattress is 10 of pure comfort and restfulness no matter what your foundation is.
- MADE IN THE USA: We feel indebted to our community for all that it provides, so we’ve partnered with a homeless shelter in San Francisco to give something back. When you buy a Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress, we provide the opportunity for someone in need to sleep on a bed that nig
This is our choice for the overall best mattress regardless of cost.
This twin-sized mattress is made of copper-infused memory foam to ensure optimal comfort, stability, and responsiveness. It also conforms well to the body’s curves, which makes it ideal for those who sleep in a tiny house.
Another thing to love about this mattress is that it has a Cooling System layer that wicks away moisture and heat. This design lets you enjoy calm and comfy nights even when you live in a small house, where the temperature can get hot during summer days and chilly at night.
- Flippable mattress
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Medium firmness level offers exceptional support
- Copper-infused memory foam gives it an edge over other models in terms of cooling
- Undesirable odor when unboxed
- Slight sagging noted by some users
- The firmness level may not be suitable for everyone
3. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid
- 8 inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed as a bed in a box for convenient delivery and setup
- Available in a medium firm 8 inch profile, a medium 10 inch profile, or a plush 12 inch profile that also features gel infusions and individually encased coils
- Packaging process may leave small brown flecks called carbons in the mattress packaging; These carbons are harmless pieces of plastic and will not stick to your mattress; 10 year limited warra
This is our choice for the best cheap mattress.
If you are on a budget but still want comfort and support, then the Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is for you. It has a plush top layer of memory foam that cradles your body and relieves pressure points.
It also has an optimized airflow system with a built-in pump which allows you to adjust the firmness level as well as the temperature throughout the night. And if this isn’t enough, it comes with a 10-year warranty too!
- Double-sided mattress lets you enjoy both sides depending on your preference
- Firm yet soft feel thanks to its memory foam top layer
- The temperature control feature keeps it at the optimal sleeping
- It takes time to inflate and deflate, which means more effort on your part
- Too firm for some users
- Some claims wear and tear apparent soon after purchase
4. TUFT & NEEDLE – Original Twin Adaptive Foam Mattress
- Proven: Over a million people choose us every night. In fact, 95% of our customers keep and love their T&N Original Mattress, Featuring our own proprietary T&N Adaptive foam, the Original Mattress is universally comfortable for all sleeping positions
- Proprietary foam: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback and provides pressure relief where you need it most. An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- Cool sleeping: Our foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam, the T&N Adaptive foam helps pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads, wrapped in our breathable plush cover to help keep you cool and comfortable
- Certified - Greenguard Gold and CertiPUR certified; This means our beds are third party certified to be free of harmful chemicals, substances or materials. With HeiQ NPJ03, your mattress is protected against harmful microbes that affect its lifespan
- Questions: We pride ourselves on customer service and urge you to reach out to us directly if you have any questions at any point, our expert customer service team will be available to help you through any hesitations, problems or questions you may have
- Note: Please allow up to 72 hours for the mattress to fully expand and for any potential odor to dissip
If you want to get a good night’s rest, waking up refreshed and rejuvenated, then you can’t go wrong with giving TUFT & NEEDLE a try – thanks to its perfect blend of supportive memory foam and breathable latex foam. This is another excellent choice for those who are looking for the best mattress for a tiny house.
It is made of adaptive foam that can automatically adjust to your body type and weight. This ensures that the mattress’ support will be tailored to suit your needs while you sleep. Plus, it comes with a 100-day trial period where you can test its ability to provide appropriate support! Once done with the trial period, though, there are no free returns available anymore.
- Two firmness settings for added comfort and support
- It comes with a 100-day trial period to allow proper testing before buying
- 10-year limited warranty for your peace of mind
- Compact enough to fit even the tiniest bedrooms and lofts
- Some claims that the cover is somewhat cheaply made
- May rip easily upon use or after months of use already
5. Casper Sleep Element Mattress, Twin
- Balance: The Element is engineered to combine both softness and support. The top layer of memory foam comforms to your body to relieve pressure.
- AirScapeTM: A layer of AirScapeTM perforated breathable foam increases airflow and circulates air so you dont get too hot at night. The tiny holes move hot air and body heat away.
- Support: The durable base foam is engineered to prevent sinking and sagging while supporting your whole body.
- Certified by our Sleep Lab
- 100 night trial and free returns within 100 days of receipt of shipment on products sold by Cas
Memory foam mattresses are known to offer more stability and support compared with innerspring models. And this Casper mattress is no different since it comes infused with synthetic latex in its five layers, including memory foam at the topmost layer, base polyfoam, transition polyfoam, supportive polyfoam, and high-density support foam.
It also has open-celled comfort coils, which allow airflow during sleep so you can sleep cool all night long! When it comes to durability, the Casper Mattress has you covered as well because it features a durable high-density support foam at its base, which also helps keep your body free from sinking.
- Breathable thanks to its airflow system design
- A medium level of support is ideal for various sleeping positions
- It gives the right amount of comfort overall
- Offers good spinal alignment
- The strong base foam makes it responsive and stable
- Slight sinking noted by some owners upon use already but doesn’t cause back pain
- The cover feels very hot during warmer nights
- Not suited for those who are looking for an extra bounce or plush feel
Questions and Answers about Tiny House Lofts and Mattresses
How tall should a tiny house loft bed be?
Ideally, make your bed around 3-4 feet tall. However, you can make your bed around 4-6 feet high as long as it doesn’t cause an issue to crawl up and down. Furthermore, measure the length of the mattress first before buying to ensure it will fit perfectly in your loft.
How thick should a mattress be for a tiny house?
It’s best to choose between thick or thin mattresses depending on your sleeping preferences and needs – for better support or added comfort. However, the average thickness needed for a good night’s rest is 8-10 inches.
How does a back sleeper benefit from choosing a mattress topper?
Back sleepers have different needs than side and stomach sleepers – since they usually need more cushioning and proper support, especially in their lower backs. What a mattress topper can do is provide additional comfort and cushioning where you need it most – reducing back pain or strain that you might experience over time.
What size mattress should I get for my tiny house?
Depending on your preferred sleeping space, you can choose between twin, full, queen, or king-sized mattresses. However, double beds are always better choices if you don’t have enough space for other bed sizes since they are the smallest. Just be sure to measure it first, so you know what fits best in your home!
How do memory foam mattresses differ from spring mattresses?
The most significant difference is that memory foam uses viscoelastic technology, which adjusts to your body type and weight – ensuring the right level of comfort and support through the years. On the other hand, Spring mattresses use coils that may provide too much pressure to certain parts of your back, causing discomfort over time.
How can you make your mattress more comfortable?
You can pair a thin high-quality mattress with a mattress topper or pad, which you can buy separately. Mattress pads can prolong the life of your bed mattress and provide extra comfort – especially during those times when it is too hot, too cold, or too hard for you to sleep comfortably through the night.
Some Final Words
A bed mattress is one of the essential furniture pieces for your home. It’s where you rest and recharge after a long day or week – so it should provide the right level of comfort and support to help you ease into a good night’s sleep. With that, there are hundreds upon hundreds of bed mattresses available on the market today – which can be overwhelming.
We hope that these reviews of the best mattress for the tiny house will help you when shopping for a new mattress. Remember to assess your unique needs and preferences when choosing the mattress type, size, and feel. This way, you will indeed find the right bed mattress that suits your tastes and needs.