Downsizing the lifestyle by fitting it into 400–500 square feet is gaining popularity. Along with California and Georgia, the state of Virginia also accommodates tiny house movements. The state’s intervention by triggering designated laws and regulations is encouraging the rise of tiny house communities and tiny house builders in Virginia.
From a conventional point of view, the idea of a tiny home may seem crazy to some. In actuality, the tiny house dream is quite suitable for a modern lifestyle and comes with many benefits.
Benefits of having a tiny home
- Costs much less than traditional home construction.
- Easy and low-cost maintenance. (Due better appliances like washers, dryers, stoves and fridges)
- Higher sustainability (via composting toilets, efficient water usage)
- Passive earnings through seasonal renting.
- Higher movability.
It may be difficult to outfit it with modern and high-tech amenities such as weather-resistant features, renewable energy sources, a suitable interior, the best suitable furniture, and so on. The task requires professional interventions in the planning, designing, selection of interior components, fabricating, and installation processes. We’ve found some of the best tiny home builders in the US who currently offer their services in Virginia. We detailed their expertise and the uniqueness of their offerings.
1. Tiny House Building Company
They share a nice vision: “Dream Big, Live Tiny.” The Tiny House Building Company is a prominent one with experienced and highly skilled team members, 24/7 contact options, and a financial assistance facility through Liberty Bank. The price ranges from $60,000 to $150,000.
Address: 11001 Houser Drive, Suite 16, Fredericksburg, Virginia 2248.
- Offers numerous costume-built options with various specs.
- Open house days are held 2-4 times per month.
- House tours are arranged promptly.
- Doesn’t allow walk-ins. Appointments are necessary.
2. Arlington Designer Homes
This tiny home builder is rated HERS 62 and recognized as “green” by the Arlington County Green Home Choice Program. They are comparatively new in this construction category, with more than 30 years of experience in house construction. They will charge you between $250 and $387per square footage covering.
Address: Arlington Designer Homes, 4719 24th Rd N, Arlington VA 22207.
- Work completion occurs within 120 to 160 days.
- Less wood uses in the tiny house model – higher insulation efficiency.
- Highly concerned about the state’s real estate rules and regulations.
- Responses with solid consultation within 24 hours.
- Their offerings are more likely to go above 500 sqft.
- Not that suitable if you have a low budget.
3. Build Tiny
Build Tiny works closely with clients, having continuous consultations throughout the whole building process- making house plans to choice of energy source. Besides custom-design offerings, this builder has many ready-to-sale tiny home models. In general, the minimum price of a ready-made option is $30,000, and the maximum is $65,000.
Address: Berryville, Clarke County, Virginia.
- Ready-to-sale offers are applied for both fixed foundation and on-wheel options.
- Pricing covers connections for water, electricity, and other utilities.
- Higher sustainability.
- Highly concerned about building codes.
- Financing is not available.
- Custom home construction takes longer.
4. Bayside Tiny Homes
The company is a wing of Bayside Joinery Co., LLC., specializing in waterfront house building. They build tiny homes on solid foundations. During the off-grid’s building process, they assemble the entire house in their workshop and transport it to the installation site. Bayside Tiny Homes offers various models. You can calculate $50,000 to $105,000 for a coverage area of 160 to 364 sq ft, respectively.
Address: Bayside Joinery Co., 61 Cobbs Creek Lane, Cobbs Creek, VA 23035
- They can fit a duplex structure within 364sqft only.
- There is no need for additional storage space for construction materials.
- Eco-friendly solutions.
- Combine nature and modern living.
- Choice of building materials is limited.
- Transferring from wheels to a fixed base challenges patience.
Kaufman Trailers is your best option if you want a tiny house on wheels. Their motto is to provide “Rugged & Reliable” home-building solutions within affordable limits. With over 30 years of experience, they offer high-quality, energy-efficient, and cost-effective tiny house trailers.
Address: They don’t have a physical address in Virginia. The headquarter is located at 702 N Silver St, Lexington, North Carolina 27292.
- They assist you in building your own tiny house.
- Kaufman Trailers has a designated financial department.
- 24/7 support service.
- Meets deadlines.
- Kaufman Trailers doesn’t offer a full package.
Some facts you should know before going for a little living solution. Living long-term in an area of less than 500 square feet is not suitable for a family. If your family exceeds two members, it is better to purchase a modular home as your second or vacational home. YES! It is obvious that you are fascinated by the thriving economy of Virginia and highly motivated to take advantage of soaring real estate. Numerous top-notch properties are running empty in Arlington’s Bluemont, Chantilly’s South Riding, Norfolk’s Williamsburg, Chesapeake’s Virginia Beach, and Loudoun’s Leesburg. In these locations, a 2-bedroom, 2-bath living space with a garage can cost you around $210,000 to $449,000. So why not have a house to offer your family more space while renting out your tiny living solution to make some bucks in cash.